Walking, running, but how comfortable can you be when you come face to face with a mould or a mildew carpet stain. Eventually, you’ll seek Mildew Removal Services.
You and Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Cleaning Auckland mould removal services can remove mould and mildew from carpet with a few tried and trusted methods. Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Cleaning Auckland 1987, expert mould removal services. South Auckland, North Shore, East, West Auckland and Hibiscus Coast.
See the below mildew removal guide.
It’s important to note that as soon as you discover any signs of a mildew stain, it’s best to tackle the problem promptly, right away. With mould and mildew, time is of the essence, as the spores can become even more unpleasant the longer you leave them.
1. If you’re dealing with an area rug, bring the area rug outside. Otherwise, work with the carpet where you can.
2. Using a broom, sweep as much of the mildew out of the carpet as possible. Also, the mould and mildew should start to loosen and come out of the carpeting.
3. Immediately following this initial sweeping, vacuum the affected area. Similarly, be sure to empty the vacuum bag into an outdoor trash can as soon as you’ve thoroughly cleaned the room.
4. Mix warm water and dishwashing detergent in a bowl to create a soapy mixture.
5. Using a sponge, repeatedly dab the area where mildew has been present to give it a thorough clean.
6. Though you may point a fan directly on the spot, so it dries faster, you’ll want to let your carpet dry on its own. If you blow a ceiling or floor fan directly onto the carpet, any spores that may still be present in other parts of your home.
These six do-it-yourself mildew removal steps should help you succeed in conquering the task of how to get mould and mildew out of the carpet.
Here’s another quick and easy way to keep your carpets mould and mildew free.
1. Mix 1 part hydrogen peroxide, five parts water.
2. Apply this solution to a clean towel or rag that you can dispose of after use. Be sure to gently press the stain, working from the outside toward the inside.
3. Finally, let the affected area of the carpet dry on its own.
While many stains, mildew damage, and musty odours removed with products at home, others will need extra effort. If you feel that you have exhausted all efforts or don’t want to deal with it, you can call Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Cleaning Auckland mould removal service. Using commercial-grade technology, our technicians can put your carpet through a professional treatment steam cleaning that digs way below the surface, removing mould and mildew at its source. Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Cleaning Auckland mould removal services, in South Auckland, North Shore, East, West Auckland.
Experienced, researched and written by GRAEME STEPHENS. An IICRC Master Restoration Technician in 2001. With over 34 years of disinfecting and carpet cleaning Auckland services experience.
Published: 23/12/2014 Updated: 27/05/2021